Levon Babujian was born on May 8, 1986 in Yerevan.
Started to play chess at the age of 4 and at the age of 8 completed his 1st category.
Levon is considered as one of the best coaches of the Academy.
In 2007 graduated from the Armenian State Institute of Physical Culture and Sports”.
Levon has won numerous tournaments including.
- Blue Sevan 2005
- Istambul Open 2008 and 2009
- Tehran 2009
- Jermuk 2009
- Poti 2015 and 2019
- Kazakhstan Cup 2019, etc
- Since 2013 has been working with young chess players.
- Since 2015 has been working as a headmaster at "Yerevan Malatia-Sebastia Children and Youth Chess School".
- Since 2020 has been teaching at the Chess Academy of Armenia.
- In 2010 received the title of Grand Master